Sunday, August 1, 2010

How to get people to your blog

Here's a secret you should know, people will only come to read your blog and continue to receive your posts IF you provide value. You have to provide content that is either interesting, funny, or well-written, thought-provoking CONTENT.

There's that word again... CONTENT. Your sales page is NOT content. It's a sales page. You can find sales pages everywhere you turn. You don't want a sales page. You want to know ME. You want to know who I am, what makes me special, and why you should stay connected with me.

Once you figure those things out, you MIGHT want to see what opportunity I'm working or maybe you don't. But the truth is, you're not going to buy from me if all you see is a sales page.

Sorry if that seems harsh. But you've been told (were you listening?) that people do business with people they know, like and trust. A sales page isn't enough to make me know those things, but it is enough to make me know that if you don't give me more, I WON'T do business with you.

You've got to build your list. With a list, you build trust. With trust between us, you can show me what you're doing and I just might want to try it too.... because I know, like and trust you.

Larry Potter
Zurich Management Group
Zurich Planners

No comments:

Post a Comment